Above the Green Line lists the most common Global Market Indices used by Traders, Investors and Financial Institutions. Each index represents different segments of the market and/or global exchanges. The indices are a hypothetical portfolio of the companies associated with the financial segment.
Shown below is a list of some of the most popular Global Indexes followed by some lesser known indexes.
List of Most Popular Stock Market Indexes (Indices)
- S&P 500 (SPX): measures 500 large-caps in U.S. stock market
- Dow Jones 30 (DJI): compares 30 large-cap U.S. stocks
- Nasdaq 100 (NDX): index made up of 103 largest non-financial companies
- Russell 2000 (RUT): small-cap index of 2000 stocks
- FTSE 100/Footsie (FTSE): 100 large-cap companies on London Stock Exchange
- Dax 30 (DAX): 30 blue chip German stocks on Frankfurt Exchange
- Nikkei 225 (NKY): 225 stocks on the Tokyo Stock exchange
- Hang Seng Index (HSI): weighted index of Hong Kong’s largest companies
- Nifty 50 (NIFTY): weighted average of 50 of the largest Indian companies
Other Stock Indexes
Above the Green Line presents the current Market Overview along with top stories making the news.
Eugénie Le Sommer Offers Olympique Lyonnais The Win Against
Olympique Lyonnais secures the win against Paris Saint-Germain in the D1 Arkema's early clash of the season...... Read more
Mack Trucks Reaches Tentative Deal With UAW To Avoid
If a deal had not materialized, the truck maker’s nearly 4,000 strong unionized workforce would have gone on strike, halting all production.... Read more