Best Brokerage Firms
Choosing an online stock broker is one of the most important decisions you will make as an investor. Choosing the right one depends on your particular trading style and goals. This guide aims to introduce online trading and break down the best online brokers available today.
When reviewing and rating a stock broker, we analyze the following aspects.
- Commissions & Fees: How much does it cost to use the brokerage? Are there any hidden fees for trades and other transactions?
- Tools & Resources: What resources does the broker offer to help its clients? Does it offer multiple trading platforms, charting tools, etc.?
- Customer Service: If you need help, can you reach a human? Does the broker offer generous phone hours, as well as email contact and live chat?
- Investment Options: What kinds of securities and other investments does the brokerage offer? Beyond stocks, can you trade options, futures, etc.? And what’s the fund selection like?
- Ease of Use: How streamlined and user-friendly is the brokerage’s website?
- Account Options:What kinds of accounts are offered? Does the brokerage offer retirement accounts such as IRAs? How about Coverdell or 529 accounts? Trusts?
- Mobile Apps:A stock broker’s mobile app is also a significant factor for us. Thanks to the magic of mobile apps, you can quickly master the stock market with a few swipes on your cellphone.
Our List of Best Stock Brokerage Firms
- TD Ameritrade: Best overall and for beginners
- Trade Station:Best platform technology
- E -Trade:- Best Web platform
- Interactive Brokers: Best for Professionals
- Charles Schwab: Best for IRA accounts
- Fidelity: Best research experience
- RobinHood: Best known for being a pioneer offering $0 stocks, ETF, options, and cryptocurrency trades